For running the examples in the OpenGrADS Cookbooks you need one or more of the following datasets. If all you want to do is to try a few things out, the classic model dataset can be firectly accesed by gradsdods/gradsdap via OPeNDAP:
ga-> sdfopen http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/model
Othwerwise, you will need to download one or more of the following files to your local disk.
- GRIB-1 files: download all three files:
- This is the classic model dataset used in the GrADS Tutorial and many other examples.
- GRIB-2 files: depends on the GrADS version you are using
- For testing GrADS 2.0 you must download all three files:
- For testing the GRIB-2 extension in GrADS 1.9 download these three files instead:
- The model_25 dataset is not the same as the classic model dataset and was produced by interpolating GFS output to lower resolution.
- NetCDF/HDF-4: download one of more of the following:
- The first 2 files contain the classic model dataset in NetCDF/HDF format. The aero.nc dataset contains aeorosol extinction optical depth (derived from GEOS-5) and is useful to test PyGrADS graphical capabilities. The slp_djf has a time series of sea level pressure depicting the North Atlantic oscillation.
- GrADS Binary: download these two files
- This dataset contains data in a particular map projection and is useful to test the PDEF feature in GrADS.
- Satellite Images: the following images are needed for testing PyGrADS: